Taekwondo Cymru was established by Master Porl Stone (6th Dan) in 1992. Before long, the club built a strong reputation on the sport circuit producing Welsh, British and Commonwealth medallists - including a number of AAU Junior Olympians along the way.
Taekwondo Cymru is a proud member of the National Governing Body - British Taekwondo (WTF) and all instructors hold an up to date CRB and insurance.
The club offers training to novices and those with fighting experience. It offers a legitimate Olympic pathway for those wishing to persue this area. Under the training of Master Porl Stone, numerous Welsh students have been fortunate enough to be accepted onto the Great Britain National Junior Team.
THE BENEFITS OF TAEKWONDO
Improved health & fitness
Increased sense of welbeing
Being part of a club or team
BE A PART OF THE OLYMPIC DREAM
There has never been a better time for Welsh students and Welsh Taekwondo clubs to start practicing WTF Taekwondo. With Welsh youngster, Jade Jones, wining the first British Taekwondo gold medal in London 2012, now is the right time to join. Your first step to becoming part of this exciting olympic sport could not be simpler.
What is included in Taekwondo Cymru membership?
Every person at Taekwondo Cymru club is required to be a British Taekwondo member.
You will receive:
· Membership to the National Governing Body
· Membership to the World Taekwondo Federation along with 60 million other members worldwide.
· Annual insurance.
· Access to seminars, courses, competitions and grading’s both locally and nationally.
· The potential to become the next Olympic Champion
· Within 14 days you will receive your British Taekwondo Membership book that contains your License and Insurance Receipt.
For any questions or queries, please use the contact form on the website to contact Taekwondo Cymru Membership Team.
We look forward to welcoming you to the club.